Do you find yourself writing the same email over and over again? I know I do, so I thought I would share a time-saving tip with you, my fellow tutors.
I send the following types of emails to clients on a regular basis:
- Welcome email with login details for a 30 minute free trial of online tutoring
- Reminder email for a payment that is past due
- Follow up email regarding payment, summary of tutoring session, and the PDF of our notes after an online tutoring appointment
- Email notifying clients of upcoming holidays/vacations or days that tutoring won't be available
The strategy is a simple one and it may be an email tool you already use! It is the Signature tool. You can create different signatures for different email addresses. You can even create multiple signatures for the same email account.
The thing is, you don't have to limit the saved template to a signature you use regularly. You can save an entire email template into a signature! You can create multiple email templates using different signatures.
Example Using Apple Mail
This tool works with different email clients but the steps may be a little different. For example, I use Mail for apple products. I have all of my email accounts (6 email addresses to be exact) filtered into this one email client.
To create an email template using the Signature tool with Mail, follow these steps:
- Open mail
- Go to Mail in the application menu, select Preferences
- Select the email account you use for your tutoring business on the left
- Click on the + symbol
- Add the email template in the box on the right
To use the signature you created, use the following steps:
- start a new email message
- select the email account you use for your business in the from field
- use the signature drop down menu on the right to select the template you want to use
- edit the email to fit the client
This tool has saved me so much time!
Examples Using Additional Email Clients
Do you use a different email client? Try out the directions for creating a Signature on these sites:
If you use an email client not listed above, don't worry! Do a quick internet search with the name of your email client and the word signature and I'm sure you will find what you need.
Do you use a different time saving tool? I'd love to hear about it! Leave us a comment below.